Friday, November 15, 2013

7

Forcing my thoughts backward is not an easy thing. I have been reflecting a lot on the last 7 years.  It's amazing when you group your life into a few years what you end up remembering....but for me...there is this covering of grace I see when I look back.

I feel rescued. From myself mostly...but rescued from a life that had a huge potential of being less than authentic. Wheh...nothing like a big fat dose of getting to be myself that puts a smile on my face. Eight years ago I was a sad mom that had changed my career and smoked way too much. I was working my tail off to make it in a hard industry. I had a husband who was hardly ever at home and my one shining little light that I call Bug...she made it bearable. I drove to a conference in September of that year thinking how great it was going to be for everyone else, but I was less than thrilled to be going. Then...the 2x4...the words that were spoken from my Father were ones that demanded authenticity. Not only did He demand it, there was a cloud that promised to rain down on me till I was soaked in reality and guaranteed to drench me till I could only utter words of truth...even if they were ugly. The cloud hovered over my life for a year...constantly threatening to poor...but I was busy...then one year later the words that would strike the chords of truth in my life filled a room and the table underneath me gave way: non viable life...

a n d   t h e   f i r s t   d r o p  f e l l..


No comments:

Post a Comment