Monday, November 4, 2013

f o r w a r d

Seems easy to write when no one is reading...or watching. I debated starting this as anonymous, but maybe that's a little to chicken...

It has been years since I felt the move to write. I would set goals for myself, publish them, then hide in silence since there was no forward movement with them. That wasn't all...I have suffered the last 4 years...it's physical...and sometimes emotional...spiritual...whatever you want to call it. Suffering is suffering. Part of my silence was fueled by feeling like I'd missed the boat. I could read back at previous writings and think I couldn't be that writer anymore. I wasn't up to snuff. This morning however, I woke with a word,
       
          f o r w a r d

Whether I will live the rest of my life in physical pain or not...I need to move forward...
Whether I write and it's simply ridiculous or a rant from something I've seen...I need to move forward...
Whether I failed miserably at waking up to my alarm and seeking refuge in the quiet with my God...I need to move forward..

Forward can be a complicated word...but I don't mean it as in the verb tense...I'm thinking forward more in the realm of an adverb...here's the definition:

adjective
6.
directed toward a point in advance; moving aheadonward: a forward motion.
7.
being in a condition of advancement; well-advanced: It was quite forward in the season when wefinished our planting.
8.
ready, prompt, or eager.
9.
presumptuous, impertinent, or bold: a rude, forward child.
10.
situated in the front or forepart: the forward part of the ship.

I like the idea of forward this way much more...because it's not only idea of advancing...but the idea that I can...when called...be forward.

So FORWARD it is...whatever that looks like. No promises. Just ready...situated...directed...

No comments:

Post a Comment